Recently I was lucky enough to get an exclusive look at the Clarins Spring 2014 collection. A representative came in and explained each of the products and their history to a group of local bloggers. This was a much needed lesson for me. I don’t wear much makeup and skincare products all blend together to me. Well Clarins, you have absolutely won me over.
1) Double Serum: This is the queen of all Clarins products, and their best seller to date. The serum acts as a helper for all your other products. You put it on before the rest of your makeup and it evens out your skin and boosts the productivity of everything else you use. I can’t personally speak to it’s anti-aging function but I’ve heard that it does wonders for firming up skin and reducing wrinkles.
2) Instant Light Radiance Boosting Base: No joke, the first time I wore this someone told me I was glowing. So, clearly, it works. You can mix this in with your moisturizer and wear it by itself or with foundation. In one step it gives you that naturally “glowing” face. The Clarins rep described it as “your own personal lighting team.” I don’t know about you but I can live with that.
3) Face & Blush Powder: I’m all about double-duty products. This powder is a mix of nude, pink, and shine and can be applied to give you that rosy glow or just to control oily skin. The shine is subtle but I think it adds a nice little sparkle to a basic face.
4) Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Care: This is a lightweight SPF protecting spray for body and hair. It’s an easy way to spray your face and hair to avoid sun damage. (Also, it’s waterproof!) The selling point for me was that you can spray your scalp which never gets covered with traditional lotion and is very susceptible to burns.
5) Ombre Wet & Dry Eye Quartet: I love that the colors in this eye shadow pallet are both moody and springy. It’s the perfect way to do spring without overdoing spring. To be totally honest I don’t use eyeshadow, mostly because I always seem to do it wrong. But this one came with some very basic, numbered how-to instructions. Maybe I’ll become a believer!
6) Multi-Active Day Correction Cream: I am a moisturizer snob. I have combination oily/dry skin and up until now all I’ve been able to use is Clinique Moisture Surge. Now I’ve found an alternative. It’s highly moisturizing but also very light on the skin. It evened out my skin in just one use. Don’t be fooled by all the marketing around it as an anti-aging product – it’s also a regular moisturizer!
7) Perfect Shine Sheer Lipstick: You guys know I’m a sucker for a good lipcolor, and this lipstick was a totally new experience. It was SO moisturizing on my lips it was unbelievable. I always use the super long last drugstore lipcolors and they dry out my lips like crazy. This was like a delightful chapstick, it even tastes good. The color also lasted through a whole cheeseburger and a basket of fries. So basically I’m never wearing anything else.
I think I’ve made it pretty clear, I’m a huge fan of the new Clarins collection. I don’t wear much makeup overall, but Clarins is very focused on skincare and damage prevention. It feels like I’m taking care of myself and also happen to look pretty. And who doesn’t want that?
If you’re interested in any of these products, they’re all available for sale now at Clarins counters and on their website.
I’d like to share one final thing that really stuck with me. I always turn away from anti-aging products because I’m only 20 and I assume their only function is to smooth out wrinkles. The Clarins rep taught me that most products marketed for anti-aging are really offering that as a benefit in addition to their usual function. They also often work to take preventative measures towards signs of aging, so they work for everyone.
A big thank you to the lovely Clarins representatives who hosted us at Bloomingdales. I learned so much and had a great time!
Photos are mine.