I often get asked what essentials I carry in my purse as a blogger and a fashionista. To be honest, what I carry in my bag varies depending on where I’m going and what I’m doing. But for this post I pared it down to the things that I absolutely always have with me.
1) This is my go-to purse. I bought it at the leather market in Florence a few months ago, and it has quickly become my favorite bag. It’s big enough to carry what I need for most occasions but small enough not to be intrusive. The cross body style also keeps my hands free and uninhibited.
2) I always carry a notebook and pen with me. I am a lover of lists. To-do lists, outfit lists, shopping lists, everything. It keeps me organized and stress free. Having a notebook is also great for sketching outfit ideas on the go.
3) My mom bought me this compact during my first trip to Paris. It’s a nice momento of both our trip and my favorite city. It’s so convenient to be able to check my hair and makeup before I go into a meeting or a job interview. This way I can make sure I always look pulled together.
4) I do a lot of commuting into Boston from my family home in New Hampshire, so these headphones are a must. Even when I’m living in the city, I like to have music when I’m walking or riding the subway. It keeps me happy and motivated during that sometimes tedious commute.
5) Like most people these days, I absolutely cannot live without my iPhone. Whether I’m making calls, answering e-mails, instagramming for my Sunday Snapshots, or editing a blog post, my phone allows me to take care of everything no matter where I am.
6) Obviously the wallet is an essential part of anyone’s purse. I like this long pink one because it doubles as a clutch for evening, and has plenty of slots for business cards I pick up during networking events.
7) I don’t wear a lot of makeup but when I do it’s important that it stays in place all day long. For that reason, I always carry with me whatever lipstick I’m wearing so that I can touch it up throughout the day.
So there you have it, an inside look at my daily essentials. Whether I’m running to a meeting or having lunch with friends, these are the things that I always take with me. What essentials do you keep in your bag?